Monday, October 26, 2009

Round 4: Day 9: Plyometrics

I didn't eat particularly well yesterday, and made the mistake of not consuming enough water. As a result, I felt a bit sluggish this morning, and wasn't really in the mood to do an hour of Plyometrics. I was a little concerned about how my legs were going to perform because yesterday they still felt rather sore from the previous week's workouts. Usually, that pain has dissipated by Monday, and that was pretty much the case today, although I still felt a few twinges of soreness in my groin and hamstrings. Not enough to make me concerned about injury, but enough to remind me that time is moving along and everything is getting a little bit older. But enough of that.

Shortly after the disc started, I felt really energetic and blasted through the warmup feeling really great. I last did this workout a couple of weeks ago, towards the end of the day, and had a very tough time completing the workout. Today, things were vastly different. I love working out in the early morning. My energy level is so much higher upon awakening than in the evening. I can't recall the last time I had this much energy during Plyometrics. I was pushing every exercise, jumping higher, squatting lower, moving faster, leaping farther than before. By the end of the workout, I was still energized. It was almost as if Plyometrics was too easy today. I should perhaps watch what I say: next time, I'll probably be beaten up by this workout. Still, I really enjoyed this routine. This is one of my favourite workouts.

No comments: