Friday, September 25, 2009

P90X+: Round 3: Day 76: Kenpo/Cardio Plus

Where has all the time gone? It seems like I just started this program, and now I'm on the verge of completing week 11.

I didn't sleep well last night. I tossed and turned, and woke up several times over the course of the evening. It was one of those nights where you feel like you barely got any sleep. Waking up, however, wasn't really a problem. I just jumped out of bed, suited up and pressed play.

It took me awhile to start working up a sweat, even though I felt that I was concentrating on each move and working hard. It was near the end of the second round (repeating the first round sequences) that I started to glow a bit and felt my heart rate rise. I don't wear a heart rate monitor during workouts (I don't actually own a heart rate monitor) so I've been using my judgment and listening to my body when it comes to elevating my heart rate. I just try to go all out whenever possible.

Again, like last week, I was not stumped by form and was able to focus on engaging the cage, breathing, rhythm and timing. I have come to really enjoy this workout. It took quite a bit of time, but I'm now a fan. I was thinking about the old P90X Kenpo X workout the other day, and have decided that I don't miss it, and would never trade it for Kenpo Cardio Plus. If there's ever a Kenpo workout scheduled, this will be the one I reach for.

This ends week 11. It was a bit condensed, due to the missing workout on Sunday, which had to be made up later in the week. Next week, will be similar, where Monday will be the missing day. Again, I'll likely make it up later in the week with Yoga as the double day.

No comments: