Thursday, September 24, 2009

P90X+: Round 3: Day 75: Upper Plus

I managed to endure doubles yesterday, practicing Yoga upon my return home from the office. I was really looking forward to Yoga, because I felt like I needed a good stretch. I had scheduled a massage last week, but the masseuse cancelled my appointment, so I've been feeling that I need a good body workover. Yoga would have to do.

I've never done Yoga at any time other than first thing in the morning. What surprised me was how flexible my body is later in the day, compared to when I wake up. I suppose now, in retrospect, that should be obvious, as upon awakening, your body has been still (more or less) for 8 hours. The obvious, however, frequently escapes me. What a pleasant surprise. Even though I was much more flexible, I was shocked at how much I sweated. There were pools of sweat all over my mat, making it quite difficult to hold my poses. I've never sweated so much during yoga, ever. I wonder if it has something to do with all of the water I've been drinking throughout the day. The workout was fantastic.

This morning, I was caught up in the schedule, and proceeded to Upper Plus. I keep looking at the workout sheet, counting down the number of times I have to do this workout until Round 3 is complete. It's not that I don't enjoy the workout (I do), it's just that it's repeated so often during the program. P90X+ would really benefit by adding another workout, or, alternatively, I should have substituted Legs & Back for Upper Plus. In my drone-like manner, I have just blindly, unquestioningly followed the program, when I should have been more of an independent thinker and made an adjustment early on. If I repeat this program, I will make that modification.

I don't know whether it's the water, or having done doubles yesterday, but I was really energetic today and obliterated a few numbers, specifically in lean back curls and 1-legged bridge dips. My body has definitely benefitted from this program (legs notwithstanding) and I'm feeling stronger and fitter than ever right now. I'm looking forward to completing this round and starting another.

No comments: