Friday, September 4, 2009

P90X+: Round 3: Day 55: Yoga

I've got to start eating more. I feel like I'm losing energy, especially late in the day. Also, it's becoming harder and harder to wake up and get out of bed, even after having 7.5h of sleep. This morning, the alarm sounded at 6:15AM, and I managed to drag myself out of bed at 6:35. I goofed off for awhile, delaying the start of my workout, and it wasn't until 7:10AM that I finally got around to pressing play. And today was Yoga, not exactly the most demanding workout of the series. In fact, I really like yoga and look forward to the stretch and sweat. What's my problem? Overtraining? I doubt it. So, check the calorie intake, and make adjustments.

Yoga was really enjoyable again, although I'm getting the feeling that during Fountain of Youth, Tony is gabbing a bit too much. I'd like to have a little more peaceful head time and a little less chatter. Today, I found that Tony is issuing a new yoga disk in the One on One series, "Patience: Hummingbird Yoga", or something to that effect. The brief video trailer leads me to think that this yoga has less talk, more introspection. It seems that Mason Bendewald is joining Tony for some part of the routine, and whenever Mason talks, Tony hushes. And that's a good thing, from my perspective. The disk isn't available yet, but I'll give it some serious consideration when it is. It would be nice to have more variety in my yoga workouts. It seems that some of the moves are familiar from Yoga X or Fountain of Youth, but still, it's a different sequence of positions and a different atmosphere.

I really focussed on breathing today, and straightening out my left leg, especially during Crescent Pose and Warrior 1. I love the stretch I get when I straighten out my body and stretch out my left hip. Just what the doctor ordered. Namaste.

From a health perspective, overall I feel as though I've recovered from my sniffles. I'm currently suffering from a bit of a stomach ache as I write this, but that will pass and I don't believe it's anything serious. Nevertheless, I'm looking forward to a rest day tomorrow. Tonight, I'll cap off the week with a round of tennis with my son.

This ends week 8 and Phase 2. This weekend I'll take some new interim photos, and jump into Phase 3, week 9. Now it's time to really Bring It.

No comments: