Tuesday, September 1, 2009

P90X+: Round 3: Day 51: Core Synergistics

I can't believe how lazy I am. Either lazy, or still recovering from my sniffles I picked up over the past weekend. Yes, that must be it. I returned home following work, and just couldn't bring myself to do ARX. Weak. Literally. My body felt tired and I thought that rest would serve me well, so I skipped abs. Now I have extra work to do to try to make up my missed workouts. Not impressive, considering the week I have ahead of me. Well, do your best and...

I still felt a bit weak this morning when I popped in the Core Synergistics DVD. It took me awhile to work up my motivation to get started, and I didn't commence until about 7:00AM, well after my normal start time of 6:15. I found many of the moves to be easier than I recalled, again, due to the results I'm achieving from P90X Plus. That's not to say that I didn't find the workout challenging, because it certainly still is. Some of the moves (staggered hand pushups, jail cell pushups, plank to chataranga run, walking pushups) were less difficult that previously, likely due to a modest increase in upper body strength. I still huffed during the loading dock and the lunge sequences. I skipped the Dreya Roll (wasn't in the mood) but still worked up a great sweat. I really enjoyed Tony's banter, especially with Adam and Pam (the Blam). I've been missing that during P90X Plus. I think Tony is a little more humourous during P90X.

No comments: