Thursday, September 3, 2009

P90X+: Round 3: Day 54: Legs and Back

OK, I now admit that I totally suck. Yesterday when I returned home, I felt so tired that I again skipped abs. That NEVER happened when I was in Round 1 or 2 of P90X. Now, I'm just a complete slacker. I'll use the feeble excuse that I'm still feeling slightly under the weather, with a bit of a runny nose and a slightly scratchy throat, but that's not enough for me to curtail my morning workouts, so really, it shouldn't be a crutch to ditch the afternoon exercises. I've fallen off the ab wagon a bit, so I'm just going to have to climb back on.

I decided to delete X Stretch from the week's workout schedule. Although I enjoy it, I think that substituting Yoga tomorrow should be sufficient. So, I'm adjusting the workout day number again, making today's workou Day 54. Technically, I suppose that's a bit of a cheat, but at this point in my commitment to fitness, there's no day 90, or day 180: this is for life. With that attitude, the specific day numbers really don't matter. Technically, since I started daily exercise a year ago, does that make this day 365? Really, who cares, as long there is a commitment to regular exercise.

I was very nervous about Legs and Back today, as I haven't done this in a long time, and the leg exercises in P90X Plus are really lacking. Also, I didn't feel great when I woke up. Regardless, I pretty well crushed the workout. Perhaps it's the tennis I've been playing (although, the way I play, you couldn't really call it "playing") or the intensity I'm bringing to Plyometrics, but the old gams are still in pretty good shape.

I improved somewhat in the number of pull-ups achieved. I also didn't feel the ridiculous burn I've always felt from Legs and Back, which started in my dinky little calves and rode all the way up my legs to torture my glutes. I even rode my bicycle into the office, and haven't felt any abnormal side effects. I'm loving this feeling. 49 years old, and in the best shape of my life.

No comments: