Wednesday, September 2, 2009

P90X+: Round 3: Day 52: Shoulders & Arms / Ab Ripper

Oooh, it was tough waking up today. I was up around 5:30AM, concerned that I had to complete my workout early, shower, and attend an early morning meeting out of town. There's motivation for you.

I haven't done this workout in months, and was really looking forward to it. Similar to Chest and Back (earlier this week), I was slightly nervous that I would have difficulty with the workout, as I hadn't done it recently. Again, there weren't any serious problems. I never had to pause the disc, and I enjoyed the extra time Tony gives you to write down your results. I used the Round 2 numbers as a benchmark, and managed to match all of them. I increased the difficulty level in the curls by standing on the resistance band with both feet, rather than on one foot, as Daniel Haas demonstrates. That puts added tension into the band by stretching it out farther, before the curling action starts. That's something I remembered Tim doing in the Back and Biceps workout.

Tonight, I'm really going to try to get to Ab Ripper X.

No comments: