Monday, June 1, 2009

P90X: Round 2: Day 71: Chest & Back / Ab Ripper X

Chest & Back

I was really looking forward to this workout, because the last time I did it, I was able to match my round 1 exercise numbers in round 2. I promised myself that I would increase my numbers in round 1, to make round 2 even more challenging. Today, I got my chance.

I had additional motivation today also, because this would be the last time for Chest and Back during Round 2 of P90X. There's no tomorrow, so Bring It today.

Everything on pull-ups was 24 reps, using the black resistance band. Round 1 pushups mostly exceeded all previous numbers. Round 2 pushups were a desperate attempt to match round 1 numbers. All exercises were push to failure. I set new personal records in most categories. By the end of the workout, I could barely lift my arms above my head.

Favourite move today: dive-bomber push-ups. A new personal best, both rounds.

Toughest move today: 2nd round of diamond push-ups. Had to take mid-set breaks.

Tony line of the day: (to Scott) "You didn't look like this when you started." (Scott): "No, I looked like Bobby." (Tony): "All soft and gooey."

Ab Ripper X

ARX came at 5:30PM. I was tired, because I went into the office for a few hours to work on a stressful presentation, then returned home for ARX, supper and relaxation. Again, the first few exercises make my thighs and hip flexors sore. I would have thought that by now, my body would be well conditioned for this workout. I suppose that if you increase your intensity level, it's possible to keep from plateauing.

ARX always becomes easier for me following Heels to Heaven. It's like reaching the pinnacle of a hill, then coasting down. Not to say that I don't find the remaining exercises challenging; I think I enjoy these more, so the time goes faster and I feel more accomplished. It's all in your mind. Like most of P90X.

Favourite move today: oblique V-ups.

Toughest move today: reverse bicycles.

Tony line of the day: "He's making contact elbow-thigh!" (oblique V-ups)

No comments: