Tuesday, June 2, 2009

P90X: Round 2: Day 73: Shoulders and Arms

I feel like I've sustained a minor injury: my left ankle is a bit tender when I walk. I can't specifically recall injuring it. Thinking back to Plyo yesterday, I don't recall turning an ankle during any of the exercises, and I felt no pain following the workout. It was only last night when I was walking around after dinner that I felt a bit of pain. My intention is to keep up with the workouts and monitor the situation. If some Yoga poses become painful, I'll modify. If some leg exercises are too difficult, I'll modify. It may be that I end up taking a few days off to recover, and then repeat this week. We'll see.

Shoulders and Arms is an interesting workout. It tends to focus on my weak spot: shoulders. The exercises cycle between shoulders, biceps and triceps. Looking at the worksheet, it appears that shoulders are the body part which give me the most difficulty. My right shoulder probably has an old rotator cuff injury: it sort of pops out with a double clicking sound (no pain involved, just an unpleasant sound). My left shoulder seems fine. Oddly, my right shoulder seems to be slightly stronger than my left. On some of the exercises, I can push out a couple more reps with the right side. I'm striving for symmetry.

The exercises went well. Conscious of the fact that this would (hopefully) be my last day for this workout, I increased my resistance band level whenever possible and/or increased the number of reps. I was successful in this endeavour in most of the exercises.

Favourite move today: side-tri-rises. I always feel strong in this exercise and pushed out 30 each side, each time.

Toughest move today: deep swimmer's presses. I actually did fewer reps this week than last time. Perhaps increasing the alternating shoulder presses drained some energy from me when it came time for this exercise.

Tony line of the day: "What's the tip of the day? (holds his breath) I forgot!"

Later: Ab Ripper X

No comments: