Thursday, April 23, 2009

P90X Round 2, Day 33: Ab Ripper X

I rarely look forward to the ARX workout, even though it is, by far, the most frequently occurring event on the P90X calendar and for quite awhile, now, I have been able to keep up with Tony and the kids on every move.

Still, it is a necessary part of the program and, like most dedicated Xers, I am pretty much fanatical about not skipping or missing a workout.

All went well today. I'm still working hard to close the gap between my legs and chest during Fifer Scissors, and to keep my legs perfectly straight while so doing. I find that particularly difficult, because my legs just aren't that flexible. I have, however, noticed improvement as I concentrate more on form and keep pushing play and doing the exercises. Like always, small steps will get me there (I trust).

Favourite move today: VF Rollups. On most of the pulse-ups, I was actually able to touch my toes. My back is really getting off the mat. Very exciting (obviously, I lead a sheltered life).

Toughest move today: Bicycles. Big burn in the thighs, especially in the reverse bicycles.

Tony line of the day: "There's no Part 1 and Part 2. There's Part 2." (crunchy frog)

No comments: