Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Plyometrics

Plyometrics is, for me, the most difficult of the P90X series. I found this not because of the difficulty of any single exercise, but the sum is definitely greater than the individual parts. The program consists of 3 exercises, each lasting 30 seconds, followed by a 1 minute exercise, after which the sequence is repeated. Then, a short break for hydration and mopping up with a towel. For me, the killer is the break. It wasn't long enough. It took me to about week 9 before I was able to do Plyometrics without hitting the pause button to take an extended break.

Try to keep up with the group. Tony Horton advises that there's no excuse for not doing Plyo: after all, Eric is doing it with a prosthetic right leg(!) and he can do it. Ouch. Dominic ascends to heights I couldn't reach with a trampoline.

Completing a Plyometrics workout is the most satisfying feeling I got from P90X. The most challenging, but the most rewarding workout there is.

Next: Aches and Pains

No comments: