Sunday, November 11, 2012

P90X: Day 1: Chest & Back

Reboot. I realize that it's been over 2 years since I last posted, but I haven't been idle during that time. I've continued to exercise during that time, usually six days each week, mixing up workout routines and trying to maintain an overall high level of fitness and general health. For the most part, I've been successful. There have been occasional lapses, such as getting sick (once in the last 2 years!) and sometimes lacking in motivation, and sometimes not eating as well as I ought to. But overall, two years later, I'm still in good shape, still in good health, and still feeling energetic.


Recently I spotted a P90X group assembling for a round starting on November 12, 2012, and I thought it might be a good idea to join. I haven't done this program in several years, so what's old may seem new again, and it would offer a break in my current workout regimen, which has been limited to strictly bodyweight exercises. It will be nice to re-introduce some weights into my routines. Restarting this blog will help keep me accountable to myself.



I'm getting a head start on the group, as my workout week typically runs from Sunday through Friday, with Saturday as a rest day. So today, I dusted off Chest and Back. Pushups aren't really a problem, as I'm able to crank out 30 reps without much difficulty. Weightlifting worked some muscles I haven't felt in some time. Also, I'm not really used to the fast pace of the workout, which now seems more like a cardio routine than I recall. I'm feeling a nice, warm burn as I write this, and I'm looking forward to getting into the program. Bring on Plyo!

No comments: