Tuesday, November 13, 2012

P90X: Day 3: Shoulders and Arms

A big difference between my homemade workouts and P90X is timing. I tend to take much longer breaks between sets than what is offered on the P90X DVDs. This makes a resistance workout more like a cardio workout, when rest time between sets is reduced. That's a big benefit of the program.

I'm starting to develop a better attitude towards working out. I'm more intense when I follow along with Tony and the kids. Sure, I'm still working out alone, but I get more competitive with myself when I watch the DVD, and I don't want to pause to take a break. If Daniel Haas can do it, so can I.

I'm starting to feel the familiar aches resulting from the effort necessary to do these workouts, and realize the genius behind the program design, when yoga is scheduled for mid-week. It's definitely necessary to stretch out my body after all the lifting, pushing, pulling and jumping of the past few days. I'm in decent shape, but could always benefit from stretching.

No comments: