Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Round 7: Day 39: Yoga

Anticipating a stressful day today, I was really happy to have started my morning with yoga. I was going to be making a pitch to a potential client this morning which could alter the very fabric of the universe itself, so I wanted to be sure to make a good impression. Being sweaty, nervous and having your breath coming in shallow, short bursts is not the best way to make a good impression. Thankfully, yoga can assist in countering those symptoms of nervousness.

It's amazing how the simple act of taking a few deep, cleansing breaths can affect your body. Yoga is perfect for helping you to gain control over your mind and your body. Deep breathing, staying in the moment, calming the mind and relaxing the body are what I practised this morning. Staying in the moment and calming my mind were the most difficult, as my mind was constantly distracted by the impending meeting. Nevertheless, I was still able to stretch out my body, so I wouldn't have that clenched jaw and shoulder look at my meeting, and I was able to enter the meeting standing tall and open-chested, breathing deeply, composed and focussed. Thanks to yoga.

Namaste.

No comments: