Monday, October 18, 2010

Round 7: Day 36: Run

It was such a spectacular, sunny day in Toronto that I decided to head outside for a run. As the weather is really changeable here now, it's a good idea to spend time outside while you still can. At 11:00AM, I headed out in 17°C sunshine for a nice run on the intermediate length circuit.

My running has steadily been improving over the past number of months, but the last few times out, I haven't been impressed with my time. My heart rate is elevated to a good level, but I don't seem to be matching the time I used to post. Such was the case today. I felt good throughout the run, but didn't post a great time. Actually, I was about 90 seconds slower than I'd like to have been. I'm not going to get worked up about my timing. After all, I'm not about to enter a competition, nor am I some sort of elite athlete. Realizing that I'm just trying to do my best and forget the rest, I'll be satisfied that I laced up my shoes and headed out, sort of the asphalt equivalent of hitting the "play" button on the DVD player.

This could very well be the last run of the year for me. At least it was a pleasant day.

No comments: