Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Round 7: Day 8: 30-15

I was still smarting (mentally) from my relatively poor showing in 30-15 last week that I decided to try it again to see whether improvements could be made. Thankfully, improvements could, indeed, be made. I wouldn't say that I crushed the workout, but I was able to post higher pushup numbers than last week, returning to numbers that I've been consistently achieving for the last few workouts. Thirty pushups was the norm, the exception being the last couple of rounds of standard-to-chataranga pushups, where I only managed to squeeze out 22 each. Those are really tough, coming at the end of the workout when your arms feel like jell-o.

I was particularly pleased to see that my strength and endurance had returned during the course of the week. Also, I was no longer feeling muscular soreness. The workout still feels like a bit of a cardio routine, as it moves rather rapidly from one exercise to the next. This made it all the more satisfying to complete the workout with improved results.

It's a good start to the week.

No comments: