Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Round 7: Day 11: Yoga

In the blink of an eye, 12% of this Round has passed. I can't believe how quickly time moves, especially when you're having as much fun as I am.

The fun never stops when it's yoga day. Yoga always arrives at the perfect time of the week: always a Wednesday, which is kind of an ambiguous day in the work week; always on Day 4 of the workout week, providing a well-deserved break from the heart-thumping and pounding of cardio and the pushing and pulling of resistance workouts. Yoga, with its mind-calming and body relaxing results, brings physical soothing and mental and emotional regeneration when I most need it.

Physically, I'm still experiencing a bit of tightness in my lower back on the right-hand side. It's not serious enough to prevent me from pursing any of my workouts, but it's just annoying enough to limit me from a completely full range of motion. I notice it when I bend over and place my hands on the floor, and when I engage in hamstring stretches on the right side. Yoga is slowly releasing the tightness, but I think it will take another few weeks, perhaps to the end of the first Recovery Week, for my body to respond in full and for full movement to be restored. In the meantime, I'm focussing on my stretches and will not give up. The solution is to do more yoga, not less.

Namaste.

No comments: