Friday, September 17, 2010

Round 7: Day 6: Run

The inevitable march towards winter continues, as evidenced by this morning's run. What used to be a pleasant experience, up and out at 6:30AM in mid-summer heat and sun has changed to awakening in darkness and entering a cool, sombre and forbidding world.

But it's not all bad. The air was somewhat crisp but refreshing, and darkness gave way to a beautiful sunrise midway through the run. My mind completely blanked out as I was running, almost like I was on automatic pilot. Before I knew it, the circuit had been completed, and my time was as fast as I've ever achieved. I think it's time to add a little more distance. I'm definitely capable of it, as it doesn't take too long to recover. All I need to do is to map out the circuit extension, or perhaps create a new route entirely. There's a nearby ravine which would be a pleasant addition, both in terms of hill training and adding some beauty to the trip.

Much of my body soreness has dissipated overnight, it seems, making me a little more optimistic about heading into Week 2. I still haven't printed out a schedule for the new Round, so far sticking to the principles of the last schedule, but I'll likely get to updating within a week or two. It's nice to have an idea in advance of the workout, and also to check on the frequency of workouts. More information is better.

Looking forward to a rest day, then bring on Week 2.

No comments: