Monday, September 13, 2010

Round 7: Day 2: Run

It's still nice here in Toronto, although the weather is turning a bit cooler and the sun is rising a little later, as time continues its inevitable march towards winter, bringing mornings of extended darkness. I don't know about my fellow city-dwellers, but I try to make the most of daylight while we still have it, and want to stay outside as long as possible before having to bring my exercise routines indoors. I'm not much for winter sports (is there anything more beautiful or perfect than baseball?) so I spend my winter mornings exercising in darkness, dreaming of the day when the earth's rotation will bring us back to fairer weather, bringing with it the eternal hope that comes with Spring Training.

All of this is to say that I'm still not back to indoor cardio training (take that, Shaun T!) and will continue to spend my time outside running while I still can. I'm sure the various tortures of Insanity will still be waiting for me, and in short time, Shaun T will take his revenge by showing me just how out of shape I am. Having done indoor cardio workouts, I'm fully aware of the benefit of plyometric training, and its superiority to the regularity of running. I'm just going to try to extend summer as long as I can.

No comments: