Thursday, September 16, 2010

Round 7: Day 5: Diamond Delts

In spite of the restful and calming effect yoga had on me yesterday, coupled with an excellent sleep last night (I slept in this morning!) I still felt stiff and sore from the week's workouts. Obviously, it's going to take more than a couple of days to settle into my new exercise regimen. I was hopeful and optimistic that soreness would dissipate within a few days, but it seems like I should face up to the possibility that this could last a week or longer. C'est la vie.

As in my workouts earlier this week, I reduced the weight on several exercises, due to general body fatigue and an awareness of protecting my lower back from sustaining any injury. It still amazes me how much strength my body has lost over the past few weeks, as even with the reduced weight, in several exercises my number of repetitions still decreased. I had thought that a weight reduction would result in a repetition increase. Not so, at least for today. This was just one of those days where you Do Your Best and Forget the Rest. Occasionally, there will be days like this. I just haven't experienced too many of them (thankfully) and hope that they remain few, and far between.

The weather this week has taken a turn for the worse, and it looks like September is going to be a cool month. I'm still optimistic that I'll have numerous opportunities to run outdoors and, it appears, that tomorrow will temporarily banish the cloud and rain, and afford us a sunny day. I'm already looking forward to the end of Week 1 and a one day recovery on Saturday.

No comments: