Friday, August 20, 2010

Round 6: Day 89: Chest and Back

Sticking with the theme of making this an extended workout week instead of a Recovery Week, I returned to my old friend, Chest and Back. No problems here, except occasionally running a bit short of breath (it tends to move rapidly, making it not only a strength workout, but also a bit of a cardio exercise for me). Every now and then, I think I should be increasing the intensity of the workout by adding some reps, but during the repeat round, I only seem to be able to barely match what I did in the first round. The key, as Tony notes, is to pace yourself. Thirty decline pushups is tough during the 2nd round, as are diamond and dive-bomber pushups. It's tough to keep up with myself, sometimes.

Still one of my favourite workouts, Chest and Back remains interesting and motivating. As I improve, it continues to challenge. I still enjoy the banter. There are always improvements to be made: can you go deeper into your pushup? Are you maintaining a strong plank form? Are you locking out your arms at the top? Can you do more? Yes to all.

No comments: