Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Round 6: Day 87: Kenpo Cardio Plus

I was scheduled for a resistance day today, but wasn't really in the mood for lifting. When that attitude strikes, I still find it's important to do something, rather than nothing, so I threw on the Kenpo Cardio Plus DVD and pressed play.

I think it's been awhile since I did this workout, and it really suited my mood. I've been assisting my daughter in the online registration for university courses and have been finding the user experience dissatisfying and frustrating, to say the least. Those feelings aren't easily dissipated by heavy lifting, I find, but they can be sweated out through some intensive cardio. Kenpo Cardio Plus is a good vehicle to vent one's frustrations, I find.

Throughout the workout, I was distracted by my thoughts of the on-line registration process. Feelings of frustration made me work even harder. I didn't wear a heart rate monitor, but I likely burned more calories today than in previous workouts. It's amazing how a bit of adrenaline and a dash of anger can get your body moving. By the end, I had a huge sweat on, and was pleasantly exhausted, my feelings of frustration suitably vented. My mind was calmed, I had eliminated my stress, and had a greater perspective on the task at hand. It's another great example of how exercise, and cardio work in particular, can benefit your life.

No comments: