Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Round 6: Day 73: Back and Biceps

Time is fleeting as July gives way to August, and suddenly, it seems like the summer is slipping through my fingers. It's like trying to hold water in your hands. You just can't. And so, I've been busy lately, taking advantage of friends' invitations to do this and that and, as a result, haven't had the opportunity to be near the computer to post my daily workouts. Apologies for the sporadic updates, but if given the opportunity to dip my toe into Lake Huron or post on a blog, well...

So I spent some time on the sandy shores of beautiful, blue Lake Huron recently, and, feeling the energy oozing out of the beauty of the natural environment and a fantastic state of mind from being away from the office, I did my Beachbody workout on -- the beach. Shirtless and virtually shoeless (I did pull on my trusty VFFs), I took to the shoreline for a vigorous run, trying to hit the deepest and softest parts of the beach, just to make things harder and to encourage more sweat. I was really pleased with the distance I ran, extended by the fact that I got confused and missed my path from the beach to the roadway, and ran an extra mile or so as a punishment (reward?). The weather was fantastic, the beach was beautiful and deserted, the wind was pleasant, the view was spectacular. Everything that could be positive from the experience was gleaned.

Oh, and I also did Back and Biceps today. The same old issues apply: lifting heavier on some exercises, lifting lighter on others, and sweated like a pig. My hands were literally dripping sweat, making it quite difficult to hang onto the dumbbells, making exercises like hammer curls a lot more difficult than they should have been, and resulting in decreased reps on some moves, just because I feared losing my grip and dropping a dumbbell on some unsuspecting body part. Better safe than ouchy. But it still was a great and enjoyable workout, and a change from running on the beach. Not a pleasant change, mind you, but a change nonetheless.

No comments: