Thursday, August 5, 2010

Round 6: Day 75: Chest and Back

I don't recall ever having done this workout mid-week. I've always reserved it for a Sunday morning, the day after my rest day, when I can awake in a leisurely way, start the workout when I feel like it, and pause to my heart's content. Not today. I was up at 6:15, and on a schedule. I practically ran through the first round of exercises, moving faster than Tony and the kids, not taking any significant breaks between exercises, and skipping the rest periods that follow every set of 4 exercises. That was tough, but satisfying. The second time through the sequence was tougher, as Tony had warned. I had probably put a little too much energy into the first round, and didn't throw any caution to the wind by conserving for the second time through. Tip of the day: don't do that.

This remains as tough an upper body workout as I have. My pushup numbers are pretty high now, and I'm not sure how many more I can do and still remain consistent through both rounds; however, it seems as if I'm bumping up against a self-imposed ceiling now, and there is an opportunity to squeeze out another 5 here and there. No matter how much one improves, there are still opportunities to do better. Occasionally, over the past few weeks, I've felt that my motivation wasn't as high as I'd like it to be; today, that certainly wasn't an issue. I feel like I've turned a corner, realizing that I haven't hit a plateau, and can still realize positive changes.

I'm looking forward to working harder than ever to make those changes happen.

No comments: