Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Round 6: Day 74: Yoga

Sometimes, when you're aging like I am, you wake up with various aches and pains. Some of them seem directly related to exercising, like sore biceps; others seem like time is creeping up on me, shortening my tendons and causing my body to hunch over or prevent my limbs from extending in the nice, fluid way they used to. That's one of the reasons why yoga is so important to me. It stretches and relaxes the muscles which have been working so hard during the daily workouts, and assists in providing longevity to the muscles and tendons which are subject to the ravages of time.

I've said before that yoga is the critical element to success in the other workouts, and I believe that more sincerely now than ever. Not only does it assist with muscle relief, but I've come to really appreciate its impact on my psyche. I'm much more balanced in life, more mellow, more able to handle stress, more relaxed, and more calm because of yoga. I'm able to handle life's curve balls, and can deposit them safely to the opposite field. Breathe. Relax. Be in the moment. Experience the present. Forget about materiality.

Namaste.

No comments: