Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Round 5: Day 46: Yoga

It's been a ridiculously stressful couple of days at the office, the kind of stress that makes you want to lie down in a dark place curled up in a fetal position and wish that the world would pass by, leaving only puppies and rainbows and unicorns when you come out again. Unfortunately, I'm dubious as to whether that's going to happen, so I opted for Plan B today: yoga.

Yoga did give me the opportunity to clear my mind, stretch out my body and temporarily forget about the worries of the day. It was great while it lasted: looking at my kneecaps, stretching out my shoulders, lower back and hamstrings, breathing deeply, closing my eyes and forgetting.

It's too bad that has to end. Now I'm back at work, all caught up again in the seemingly endless cycle of nonsense. This will eventually pass, and I know that yoga is always available to assist me in recovering my balance and sense of inner peace and harmony.

On the brighter side, tomorrow I'll be able to blow off some serious steam by lifting heavy objects.

Namaste.

No comments: