Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Round 5: Day 45: Diamond Delts

Well, 45 days went by quickly. Today marks the half-way point in this Round, and what better way to celebrate it than by working your deltoids. I've extended this workout by adding three additional exercises at the end, each exercise repeated twice: pike presses (off a couch), military press, and lying-down-shoulder rolls (the exercise at the end of the workout where Tony lies down on either a bench or the floor and raises a dumbbell with his arm in a 90° angle position). I added these extra moves because I felt that the workout wasn't strenuous enough as it was. I suppose I could try increasing my weight or rep count during the normal workout, but for now, I'm satisfied with my current adaptation.

Thus far, I'm pleased with the schedule revisions I made during this Phase (adding another day of resistance training). I'm feeling a little stronger and somewhat more energetic. As well, I noticed today that my left arm and shoulder have improved in strength and endurance, as they are now keeping up with the right side of my body. I'm not yet sure whether or not this is just due to how I felt today (felt great, by the way) or whether it represents a real improvement, but I'm optimistic that this gain will carry through to future workouts.

Today, I was able to do more military presses at a higher weight than before, even with the additional move at the end of the workout. I had a really good mental approach to lifting weights today. I only focussed on my goal, and steadfastly lifted the weights until I reached my number. During one exercise, I felt stronger than normal, and surpassed my goal by a couple of repetitions. Satisfaction guaranteed.

I'm looking forward to yoga tomorrow, appearing in its regularly scheduled slot. Stretching and relaxing would suit me fine.

No comments: