Monday, March 15, 2010

Round 5: Day 36: Chest, Shoulders & Triceps

As with some of the workouts last week, today's workout saw small, incremental, minor improvements in some of the exercises, whilst mostly holding steady with the others. In a couple of exercises (1 arm balance pushups, notably) my numbers decreased. I'm not too unhappy with that, following an overall review of the workout, because I had increased my weights or reps, or both on some exercises, so a decreased level of energy for 1 arm balance pushups isn't particularly surprising, nor is it disappointing. During that exercise, I still pushed through as hard as I could, but when my arm starts to severely wobble, it's time to stop. I don't want to risk hyperextending my elbow for the sake of one extra balance pushup. Brains before brawn, I say.

This is still one of the most challenging workouts I have. Its intensity and the pacing of the exercises still cause me to pause the disc several times during the course of a workout. Since I've been doing the Just Arms and Diamond Delts workouts, I've been finding this workout to be a bit easier and more enjoyable, but it's still difficult and I like the range and variety of exercises. I still find Plyo pushups to be difficult, and I do wide fly pushups to exhaustion. The slow motion pushups (2 rounds of them!) are killers, though they look so easy, and I'm still nervous that I'll drop a dumbbell on my face during the final move, punching the air with the dumbbells whilst lying on my back.

Great workout. I'm glad that the increased focus on resistance will allow me to do this again relatively soon.

No comments: