Sunday, March 7, 2010

Round 5: Day 29: 30-15

Hard, hard workout today. I was really looking forward to doing this workout, as it's one of my favourites, but at the same time, I'm always somewhat nervous about it as it's scheduled the first day following a Recovery Week. I look at Recovery Week in two ways: one, it's an opportunity to ease back on the weekly pounding; on the other hand, I get concerned about regression.

I wouldn't exactly say I've regressed over the past week; however, I didn't exactly crush the workout, either. I noticed during Military Push-ups that I didn't feel as fluid or as strong as I'd normally like to be, especially near the start of the workout. That was a sign that I'd be challenged during this workout. And I was. This is a workout that never gets easier as you make your way to the end. It only gets harder. I had to really focus on my numbers, put everything else out of my head, and go for my goal. I managed to achieve my objectives, although the Chataranga pushups at the end of the routine still kill me, and my numbers drop from 30 to 20 at that point. It's all I can do at the end of this workout to even push myself up from the prone position.

In spite of my griping, I still really look forward to this workout, and still rank it amongst the most enjoyable for me.

No comments: