Friday, February 26, 2010

Round 5: Day 20: Insanity: Cardio Power & Resistance

The second time through this routine was definitely better than the first. I managed to slightly increase my endurance, and only paused the DVD once during the workout, at about the 12-minute remaining mark.

I like this workout, as there are a limited number of moves (four, actually) between 30 second breaks. Since this is partially a resistance workout, I also find it easier than the other Insanity workouts, due to my background in resistance training from P90X and the One on One series. I find that I have an opportunity to calm my heart rate a bit when doing the various types of pushups, giving me a chance to recover a bit so that I can carry onto the next set of exercises. The walking pushups and the pike presses (Shaun T calls them V-pushups, I believe) are pretty straightforward. All you have to do is grind them out. I'm not watching the TV at that moment, so I can't see whether or not the pushups are done at faster and faster rates of speed.

I'm definitely a fan of this workout.

Great end to Week 3. Looking forward to a recovery week next week.

No comments: