Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Round 4: Day 32: Yoga

My body wasn't as sore upon awakening this morning as I thought it would be. My forearms were a little stiff, no doubt due to all the forearm exercises undertaken yesterday, but overall, I wasn't in bad shape. I found that I was a little more flexible this morning than usual: the first bend at the waist found my hands and fingers lower to the floor than I had expected. I was focussing on bending in half, like an envelope (a good image, as Tony suggests), and his recommendation of staring at your knees, or try to get your nose to touch your knees, are also tips I find helpful.

I was encouraged by my good start to yoga. Having a good frame of mind when starting the workout is so important to the success of the workout. Most of working out is really a mental game: win that, and you'll meet with success. I'd say it's about 90% mental and 10% physical. Convince your mind that you can do something, and you'll do it. If you quit in your mind, your body will quit. You are capable of doing more than you think. There are lots of success stories on the internet demonstrating that.

The workout breezed by today. I felt strong, focussed on my stretches, turned off my mind and enjoyed the moment. Afterwards, I felt refreshed and relaxed. I love yoga, and it comes at the perfect time of the week.

No comments: