Friday, November 13, 2009

Round 4: Day 27: Yoga

I was looking forward to Yoga today to deal with the week's aches and pains. Actually, I was surprised how many aches and pains I had this week, especially near the end of the week. This is supposed to be Recovery Week, after all. Perhaps it's a sign that I've been working hard during Phase 1 of this Round; perhaps I'm just aging; perhaps it's just been a bit of an off-week. Who knows. What I do know is that Yoga was the perfect tonic to deal with my minor pain issues. I really took my time, focussed, and pressed deep into my poses today. Things felt pretty good from the first vinyasa. That's usually a telltale sign. If the first vinyasa is really uncomfortable, or hard to hold, it usually means a long, tough workout. If I feel strong (with a minimal amount of popping and cracking), then the workout usually flows smoothly and well. Today, the latter ensued.

I'm still concentrating on form; I guess I always will. I've been making minor adjustments since my live yoga class last week, and have been feeling some additional stretch in my legs, hips and groin during the Crescent and Warrior poses. I've been finding that clasping my hands and pointing my index fingers skyward during Crescent and Warrior 1 helps to work out the kinks in my shoulders. Also, concentrating on the upward arm and hand position during Right Angle pose really works out the strains in my shoulders.

I'm still really enjoying yoga and wouldn't consider missing this workout. It's definitely an essential part of my program. Namaste.

End of Recovery Week and end of Phase 1. Looking forward to pounding the weights again as Phase 2 commences.

No comments: