Tuesday, October 6, 2009

P90X+: Round 3: Day 80: Total Body Plus

Keeping track of the days has been a bit confusing of late, with Week 12 restarting. Yesterday, I felt energetic upon my return home from work, so I decided to attack a round of Plyometrics, doubling up the day's workouts to catch up with the weekly schedule. Hence, I'm logging today as Day 80, as yesterday's workouts comprised both Days 78 and 79.

The Plyometrics workout was tough. I started out strong, but found that my energy soon dissipated, much sooner than during the usual early morning workouts. I found myself starting to watch the clock and was wondering whether I'd be able to complete the workout without having to pause the tape. I never realized how quickly Tony moves from one exercise to the next, until this workout. When your energy's dwindling, the down time between exercises really flies.That's the time when you find what you're made of. Are you going to Bring It? I decided to dig deep, and pushed through the entire workout. There was plenty of knee-grabbing and gasping going on, and it probably wasn't the prettiest Plyometrics workout I've ever done, but it was one of the most satisfying. It's amazing what you can do when you put your mind to succeeding at a task. There is tremendous satisfaction resulting from pushing yourself to what you think are your mental and physical limits. I think that success in exercise is largely mental; the physical surely counts, but your mind controls your body. Think of taking a placebo.

This morning's workout, Total Body Plus, was as tough as ever. It's been two weeks since I last did the workout, and throughout this Round, I've always found this routine to be challenging. I could probably use another round with this workout, because I have yet to master it. It's reminiscent of some of the workouts from the original P90X series, in that it took me more than one round to really feel comfortable. I will likely include this workout in my next, customized round, in some capacity.

Now that I'm back on track, I'm looking forward to returning to one workout per day. I'm especially looking forward to Yoga tomorrow.

No comments: