Thursday, May 27, 2010

Round 6: Day 5: Just Arms

A ray of sunshine broke through the clouds today. For the first day this Round, I didn't show any regression from the previous time I had done a workout. Today, I actually made an improvement over my previous effort. I would say that the improvement was marginal, well, extremely marginal, but the point is that I more than held steady, and didn't do worse than before. That was no mean feat, as I felt a small twinge in my right elbow during the opening exercise (seated curls), which gave concern to whether I'd even be able to do the workout at all. I was extremely mindful of not pushing myself to injury, and paid strict attention to form to ensure that I could continue injury-free.

The results were pleasant. I'm still doing 8-10 reps on the exercises, with the exception of some of the forearm exercises, where heavier weights really limit my rep count, so I use lighter weights and do more reps, typically, for forearm exercises. Strong forearms are nice, but I don't really want to become Popeye.

As always, I enjoy this workout. I recall hearing Tony say that it's important to enjoy what you're doing. That leads to continued success. If you don't enjoy your workout, you'll likely stop doing it, which obviously frustrates your fitness objectives.

It took 5 days, but I now feel that I'm starting to get this Round on track.

No comments: