Thursday, April 1, 2010

Round 5: Day 54: Insanity: Core Cardio and Balance

I had a vague memory of sore shoulders following this workout from the last Recovery Week. I recalled that the final three minutes of the workout were particularly tough, with flapping arm movements being the primary culprit. Today, that wasn't really much of a problem. My shoulders still felt sore, but completing the routine wasn't difficult.

There's a section of the workout which really works the hip flexors: standing on one leg, raising the other leg first in a tapping motion, then keeping that leg elevated and pulsing it up and down without the toe tap, then keeping that leg up while extending the foot out and back. The whole sequence takes about 1.5 minutes per leg, but the final motion, swinging the leg out and back while keeping the foot flexed, was very tough on my hip flexors, especially the left side.

Overall, this isn't a difficult workout, which makes it perfect for Recovery Week. It moves at a slower pace than a typical Insanity workout, and Shaun T. spends more time than usual at the start of each exercise demonstrating technique. I appreciated that, as I discovered that there was, indeed, some form tweaking to do. So far, I don't really have regrets about having temporarily exiled Core Synergistics from this Round.

Workouts in past days included Kenpo Cardio Plus and X Stretch. Tomorrow, Recovery Week wraps up with Yoga.

1 comment:

Brad said...

Eventhough Core Cardio is not a intense workout, my legs start to burn when you have to hold the lunge position for a minute. Brutal.

Are you a Beachbody Coach? I don't see anywhere on your site saying you are. Go to www.BeachbodyCoach.com/bradgibala and click on Coach to learn more. Feel free to contact me about it.