Monday, March 29, 2010

Round 5: Day 51: Plyometrics

In making the last adjustments to this Round's schedule, I deleted Core Synergistics and substituted Plyometrics. To be honest, I've never really enjoyed Core Synergistics all that much, in spite of finding it challenging and rewarding (when it was over), whereas I've always had a crush on Plyometrics. As this is Recovery Week, I felt that Plyometrics would be a reasonable insertion, as it is done during Recovery Week in the P90X+ schedule, and, having done all those Insanity workouts, I was looking forward to seeing how my body would react to Plyometrics again.

It's been some months since I last did this workout, but to me, it never gets tired. I definitely saw some improvements in both my leg power and in my endurance due, no doubt, to Insanity training. My heart rate never rose above 145 during the workout, in spite of my really trying hard, although it did stay fairly consistently above 130 (at least when I was checking) and I did manage to work up a good sweat. My breathing never really approximated the labour that I usually feel during an Insanity workout. Although Plyometrics is a great workout, it doesn't really approach the intensity of the Insanity workouts. This just goes to justify my decision to put this workout in a Recovery Week.

During my post-workout shower, I reflected back on the first time I did Plyometrics, and how I felt out-of-sorts for the entire day following the workout. How times have changed.

So far, Recovery Week is treating me well. I'll be away from a computer for the next couple of days, but will try to catch up with my posts on Thursday.

No comments: