Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Recovering...

I had a 1-hour therapeutic massage yesterday, which was just what the doctor ordered. I wouldn't exactly say that I was bound up, but I was experiencing some muscle soreness, and the masseuse found those points, applied pressure (pretty much to the point of pain) and I left relaxed and pain-free. I was feeling better this morning, but decided to take it easy by doing the first half of Yoga X.

It's been awhile since I've done this workout, as I always seem pressed for time in the mornings and don't wake up early enough for the 1:32 workout. What a pleasure to do this workout again! I had nearly forgotten how much I enjoyed it (and cursed it in the early days). Now, it's pretty much a breeze to get through the first half (the movement exercises) and it was exactly what I needed to stretch out my lower back and hamstrings.

I'm probably going to continue with yoga for another few days to give my back more time to recover and to stretch out and limber up. Then, hopefully, I'll be ready to recommence Week 12.

Namaste.

No comments: