Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Sick...again...

Lesson learned: listen to your body. I failed to do that yesterday, and am now paying the price. I awoke yesterday with a scratchy throat and proceeded to work out anyway. During the workout, I tweaked my neck. Last night I made sure to get ample rest and tried to boost my immune system to stave off a cold. This morning, my throat is somewhat less scratchy, but it's going to take a couple of days for this to clear. Also, my neck is still sore. I'm not going to compromise my health by exercising while I'm sick, nor risk a real injury to my neck. So, I'm going to take a few days off, recover fully, then restart this Round. I'm not happy about it, but I also realize that interruptions such as these are bound to happen. This is a fitness journey, not an absolute schedule. Today's reality is that recovery is warranted; tomorrow's will be different. Listen to your body.

No comments: