Monday, December 28, 2009

Round 4: Day 72: Kenpo Cardio Plus

I attended a wedding last night, which ran late, and I was unable to get a decent night's sleep. I was all worked up after arriving home from the wedding, and it made it hard for me to sleep. That, along with having to wake up early this morning, made it difficult to get motivated to work out this morning. We had to bid our out-of-town guest good-bye this morning, so I wasn't able to work out at my normal time. So, I had the combination of lack of sleep and disrupted schedule facing me as I tried to work out.

I actually contemplated not working out today, but giving my body a rest. I had originally scheduled Interval X Plus for today, but didn't feel up to it. Instead, I decided to substitute Kenpo Cardio Plus, which was to have taken place this Friday. I didn't see the harm in switching out one cardio workout for another. Besides, I felt that Kenpo Cardio Plus is not as challenging as Interval X Plus, and, given my state of mind and body, felt that would be an equitable trade-off, considering that the alternative was not to work out altogether.

I believe I made a sound planning decision. Having committed to working out, I really committed to Bringing It during the workout. I had some personal issues eating away at me and used them to channel my aggression into working out. There's a healthy solution to dealing with one's psychological issues. The workout was tremendous. Speed Side Kicks, which usually gives me timing issues, were no problem. Neither did Gladiator. Perhaps the One on One workouts are giving me extra flexibility, which translates into greater success with Kenpo Cardio Plus.

I was so pleased with the workout on two levels: firstly, that I actually committed to the workout and, secondly, that the workout went so well. Today, I really learned the value of pushing play.

No comments: