Monday, December 28, 2009

Round 4: Day 71: Chest & Back

The last time I did this workout, it was near the end of the day, and I didn't have very much energy. So little, that I was only able to do the first half of the workout and ran out of gas for the second round. So, I was looking forward to this workout again to prove to myself that I was, indeed, capable and that the last time was just an aberration.

I challenged myself by paying careful attention to the weights I was using, did an honest assessment of whether I was capable of lifting more, and did so when possible. I also tried to do push-ups to failure. That occurred when I was doing Diamond Push-ups during the second round, had some serious arm shake, then collapsed on the floor. No injury, just the realization and the satisfaction that I had done as many as I could.

I was really pleased with the workout. I have not been getting too much sleep over the last few evenings, as we've been entertaining an out-of-town guest and trying to do my workouts in-between attending family events and visiting various friends. In spite of my lack of sleep and general doziness, I was still able to focus and enjoy a good workout.

During the last week, I've been paying attention as well to my nutrition, making sure that I'm eating clean, getting enough to eat, and staying away from alcohol and sugary treats. I'm getting some strange looks, but it's worth it.

No comments: