Thursday, December 24, 2009

Round 4: Day 68: Plyo Legs

Like yesterday, discipline is becoming a bit of an issue. I took the day off, so I slept in well past the time I would be up and exercising. Following a long sleep-in, the last thing I'd like to do is exercise. Also, I like to exercise when the house is quiet and no-one's awake, or if the house is empty. This morning, because of poor timing, both my wife and son were up. My wife was preparing tomorrow night's meal in the kitchen. It's tough to exercise in the adjacent room with the smells of cooking emanating from around the corner. Also, were those tears in my eyes due to Tony crushing my body, or was it the scent of ground garlic?

I really enjoy the Plyo Legs workout. Again, like so many times during the past week or so, I didn't really feel like working out. These have been tough times, but I'm pleased to say that exercise is now so ingrained into my daily routine that I'm committed to doing it regardless of whether I feel like it or not. Today, I decided to push through my lousy attitude and Bring It.

This is a well-constructed workout. It's challenging, and could be even more challenging if Tony didn't take extended breaks between exercises. The workout, consisting of 20 exercises, is a combination of plyometric moves, specifically targeting the legs. Because many of the moves are plyometric, the heart and lungs get involved. At some points, I found myself grabbing my knees. I don't know whether that was a result of Bringing It, or my somewhat lacklustre attitude.

I finished up strong, completing the Egan Bros. jumps (think of doing a mogul run, or jumping back and forth over a bench). I felt really good at the end of the workout. Bagged, but good. It's the reward you get for pushing play.

2 comments:

katie said...

I love this workout!

I am doing Insanity but one day a week I do p90x plyo for variety!

Happy THURSDAY!

Katie

http://katiechangesforkatie.blogspot.com/

gp said...

Katie:

Thanks for your comment. I've been thinking about Insanity for months now, and I'll probably pick it up, but not to do as a 60 day program. I'll likely substitute the Insanity workouts for the P90X or One on One workouts on cardio days. I'm a little concerned about losing the muscle mass I've gained during my rounds of P90X.

Thanks for reading!

gp