Monday, November 23, 2009

Round 4: Day 37: Plyometrics

Where does a year go? Almost 1 year ago, I started P90X, and had heard nightmare stories about Plyometrics. I'd have to say that the stories are all true. The first day I did Plyo, I was bagged for the entire day. I took numerous breaks, sweated like a pig, huffed and puffed, and basically, couldn't really come close to keeping up. Today, everything has changed.

Plyometrics breezed by this morning. I was well-rested, in a good frame of mind and was ready to tackle the challenge head-on. I didn't even really work up a sweat until after the second break and broke out the Jump Knee Tucks and Mary Katherine Lunges. Everything was working well for me today, almost like I was able to step outside my body, focus on breathing, concentrate on form, squat lower, jump higher and push harder. Afterwards, I took a nice, hot shower, and enjoyed the sensation of being tired, yet invigorated. Great workout.

No comments: