Wednesday, October 14, 2009

P90X+: Round 3: Day 88: X Stretch

Upon my return home yesterday, I jumped into my shorts and cranked out a Super Cardio workout. This is the first time I've done this workout, and I'd heard mixed reviews: some loved it, others did not find it as intense a cardio workout as those found in P90X and P90X+. No matter; I have the disc, and I'm doing the workout.

The workout consists of 3 sets of 3 moves, repeated 3 times. The first two sets are generally jumping moves; the final set are Kenpo moves. I found the first two sets pretty exerting; the third, not so much. Overall, I'd agree with those of the opinion that it's not as intense a cardio workout as the P90X or P90X+ programs. I never had to pause the disc, and didn't really find myself huffing and puffing too much. I'd be saying otherwise if the third set weren't Kenpo. I actually found myself cooling off a bit during the third set, rather than ratcheting up the intensity. I'd be happy to give this workout another twirl, and now that I know what's in store for me, I'll bring up the intensity level myself.

This morning, I relaxed a bit and did X Stretch. I still enjoy this workout, even though it's not a challenge and I don't break a sweat. Every now and then, you've got to give yourself a break, and X Stretch gives you the opportunity to say you worked out, without actually having to intensively work out. Still, at the end, I felt a bit tingly all over,and did feel relaxed, calmed and stretched out. It's true that most of your energy ends up concentrated in your neck, shoulders and hamstrings, and it's nice to spend some time dedicated to alleviating the stress in those parts of the body.

No comments: