Thursday, September 17, 2009

P90X+: Round 3: Day 68: Upper Plus

I'm skipping a day in the blog. I did yoga yesterday, but wasn't able to get to the computer to blather on about my warm, fuzzy feelings for the workout. I'm mentioning this just to put on the record that while I skipped a day of blogging, I didn't skip the actual workout.

We accidentally slept in today, arising 1/2h later than usual. For some reason, the alarm clock didn't sound. My wife questioned the integrity of my internal clock (which, frankly, I had wondered about as well) but, sometimes, I guess, your body just requires additional rest. We've both been a bit worn out, having attended some evening curriculum sessions at the kids' schools the past two nights. Neither of us likes to go out during weeknights; we're quite content to spend the evening at home together, relaxing after a long day's work.

As a result of the additional sleep, I had to jump all over the workout, and the extra intensity was reflected in an increase in quantity today. I guess I'm capable of more than I thought. The more I do this workout (and I do it a lot), the more I seem to enjoy it. My least favourite moves are probably pumper curls and the shoulder everything. These exercises always challenge me, especially the shoulder everything. I can feel my right shoulder popping (like a breakfast cereal, as Tony says), likely due to overstressing my arm playing baseball as a youngster, even though I'm using only 10lb dumbbells.

My favourite moves are still the pushups. I've increased the combat pushups to 14 recently, and could probably crank out one or two more, as I take a pause or two during the 90 seconds. I'll have to eliminate that pause and replace it with a pushup. I'm so bagged by the end of the workout that I can't even raise my PowerStands in the air in celebration with Tony and the kids. Just getting up off the floor is celebration enough for me.

No comments: