Friday, September 11, 2009

P90X+: Round 3: Day 62: Kenpo / Cardio Plus

Well, the water increase is certainly working. I pretty well breezed through Kenpo/Cardio Plus today, completing week 9 of this round. I'm really improving in form now. I still had to refer to the TV to check out form and punching/kicking sequences for three exercises. Sometimes, I find myself using the wrong arm for punches, or the wrong leg for kicks. Today, I got into a good rhythm during the claw/lunge/kick sequence, only to find that I was a klutz during the repeat portion. Today's favourite exercise was Shoulder/Knee Burnout. I love the flow of this exercise, alternating which knee is raised first, really pushing my arms upward and trying to crunch my knees up into my chest as high as possible. Throughout the workout, I was very conscious of engaging my core section whenever possible, to maximize the benefit of receiving a strong core workout at the same time as pushing my cardio button.

The sweat that I work up during this workout is tremendous. Today, following my shower, the sweat just continued to flow. Slightly gross, but also a nice indication that I worked really hard.

End of week 9. Looking forward to week 10.

No comments: