Monday, July 6, 2009

P90X+: Round 3: Day 2: Interval X Plus

I had heard that Plyometrics does nothing to prepare you for Interval Plus, so I was really eager to put on this disc and get sweaty. It didn't take long. I had previewed the disc prior to the workout, so I was somewhat familiar with the moves. Some of the moves are taken from 10 Minute Trainer, with which I had great familiarity (September to December 2008, just prior to commencing P90X). Revisiting those moves was like catching up with an old friend, although they were performed with greater speed and intensity. I managed to get half-way through the disc, and paused at the break to catch my breath.

The second half of the disc is repeating the same moves, in reverse sequence. I had to pause the disc again, with just two moves left in the workout. Had I known that, I wouldn't have paused. The next time, I'll likely only pause the disc once, during the break, then hopefully run through the entire disc without any pausing.

I enjoyed the workout, but I wouldn't say that it's MUCH harder than Plyometrics. It took me about 6 times before I could do the entire Plyometrics workout without pausing. I doubt very much that I'll have a similar experience with Interval Plus. Nevertheless, it was a good workout.

No comments: