Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Round 6: Day 58: Kenpo Cardio Plus

It was a struggle to work out today. For the last while, I've been scraping an underpad off a hardwood floor. It seems that over the years, the underpad has decided to weld itself to the floor. Likely, there was some sort of chemical reaction between the underpad and the floor finish product which resulted in the unfortunate bond. This summer's assignment was to paint my daughter's room and expose the beautiful hardwood floor therein. Unfortunately, what should have been a simple 2-minute procedure has turned into a week of hard labour. On the other hand, this is one of the reasons I work out regularly: to enable me to complete household chores without (too much) pain. My attitude? Underpad Removal X. So there I am, night after night, scraper in hand, removing the underpad. It's actually a great shoulder, core, chest and arm routine. Put on a little music, and do a little scraping. Eventually, the underpad came off, and I was left to deal with removing the residual adhesive. Board by painful board, I rubbed away, until the original colours of the hardwood came back to life and the tackiness of the adhesive was banished. With a P90X attitude, you really can accomplish anything.

All this extra work did sap a bit of energy from me, and I wasn't particularly motivated for a cardio workout this morning. So, I popped in Kenpo Cardio Plus, took aim at my reflection in the mirror, and commenced punching and kicking (no screaming, at least, not yet). It was a fantastic workout, just what I needed, and I worked up a huge sweat and a decent calorie burn. It's important to keep working out. If the workout of the day isn't your thing, do what you want to do. Just keep moving, and keep Bringing It.

No comments: