Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Round 4: Day 4: Yoga

Before getting into Yoga, a brief word about yesterday's afternoon ARX:

Upon returning home from the office, I jumped into my shorts and did a round of ARX. My abdomen was still rather sore from Sunday's Killer Ab routine, and I probably should have done some preliminary stretching before playing the DVD, but didn't bother, thinking that within a short period of time, my abs would stretch out and be just fine. I did experience some pain during the routine. I expect this to dissipate over time, as my body becomes accustomed to the workout regimen.

The workout went reasonably well. I struggled a bit on crunchy frog, as my hip flexors were feeling rather worked over by that time, and had some form issues during oblique V-ups when laying on my left side, as well as a small stamina problem during Mason Twists, struggling to complete the final 10 twists during the bonus round. All of these issues are minor and will disappear.

This morning, I was up bright and early for Yoga X. I haven't done this workout since I discovered Fountain of Youth from Tony's One on One series some months ago (about 4 months ago, I believe) and I discarded Yoga X in favour of the shorter FOY disc. I decided to bring back Yoga X into Round 4 on a regular basis, because there are moves in Yoga X which have been expunged from FOY: right-angle pose with hand grab, balance postures, bridge, plough to shoulder stand, and an extended Yoga belly 7. All these moves are, no doubt, good for me and I felt that I would benefit from the 90 minute Yoga X workout occasionally, to complement the more convenient but necessarily less complete 48 minute FOY.

It's nice to get back to a workout with which one is intimately familiar. I rarely had to look at the screen to perform a move; everything came back from memory. I was anticipating that some of the moves would prove difficult, because I had not assumed some poses for a long time, but surprisingly, moves which had given me fits (right angle pose with hand grab) were really easy. I'm really pleased that my body is still so flexible, in spite of the fact that I've been skimping on Yoga time. Perhaps I'll look into Tony's new One on One disc, Patience, Hummingbird.

Namaste.

No comments: