Monday, July 12, 2010

Round 6: Day 51: Cardio Intervals

It's been a really long time since I did this workout. I'm still holding back on doing intense cardio work like Insanity, or even Interval X Plus, because of my left calf and now, my right achilles. It may be getting to the point where my tentativeness is becoming mental and I need a little push to get off my duff and onto the cardio wagon, but considering this is Recovery Week, I'm going to give myself the benefit of the doubt and a little extra time for healing. Cardio Intervals is a fairly light cardio routine without much hopping or jumping, so I felt it was an appropriate selection for the day. It should raise my heart rate a little and provide a fairly low impact workout.

And the workout provided exactly what I was looking for: a decent sweat, an increased heart-rate, good range of motion, lots of twisting exercises, squats, knee bending, balance moves, some shoulders, core and leg work. It's not Insanity by any stretch of the imagination, but it's a reasonable workout which is of similar (40 minute) length. I'll continue to baby myself this week, then ratchet up the intensity commencing Week 9.

No comments: